Interim Online Editor
- Assigned, edited, and trafficked two independent online slideshow features per week, accessible to the readership of Departures magazine (American Express Platinum Card holders)
- Wrote, assigned, and edited a weekly online newsletter, Dispatch, covering luxury travel and lifestyle happenings for 50,000 subscribers.
Senior Online Editor
- Worked with development, production, and editorial teams to design, test, and implement the interface components for a comprehensive site relaunch (completed in early 2009).
- Spearheaded the creation of templates for a new series of online destination guides; assigned and edited more than 20 such guides.
- Collaborated in the establishment of a new slideshow feature model for the site. Subsequently took over management of the site’s features department, assigning, editing, and writing more than 50 photo illustrated features.
- Commissioned, assigned, and edited more than 60 online destination guides, covering lodging, dining, sights and activities for cities and regions all over Asia, Europe, the Antipodes, and North and South America.
- Co-managed a team of 12 editorial and photo researchers.
- Developed content for, assigned, and edited between 5 and 7 travel guidebooks per year for destinations throughout the world. Titles included Amsterdam, Australia (2 editions), Chile, Mexico (2 editions), New Zealand, South Africa, and The South Pacific.
- Collaborated with up to a dozen writers per title, as well as copy editors, page- layout designers, photo researchers, and cartographers.
Instructor of Writing and Literature
- Designed an accredited web-based course titled “Introduction to Creative Nonfiction” for Berkeley’s Online Extension program.
- Authored the entire course curriculum, comprising a semester’s worth of lecture material, reading and writing assignments, and discussion topics.
- Hosted online forums, provided extensive writing-assignment critique, and gave personal guidance to between 15-25 asynchronous students each semester.